Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Zoey's Double Hex in Vermont

As I've been skiing all around Vermont this winter, my father kept telling me I had to hit up the Double Hex restaurant for a burger. He had once eaten there years ago after skiing Killington with the frat brothers for the weekend. So we headed up to Pico, Killington's little bro, a few weeks ago to ski and grab dinner on the way home.

The restaurant is right off of Exit 4 on Route 7. The name comes from the shape of the two old buildings that the restaurant used to be in. It is an inviting place for skiers to grab a bite on their way home from places like Killington, Pico, Bromley, Stratton, Magic, and Okemo.

We started off with some wings with maple flavored BBQ sauce in honor of Vermont. Next were the burgers, a Philly Cheese Burger for my father and The "Holy Moly" Burger for myself. Mine was great, a little messy, but perfectly cooked and full of flavor. Also, its so big, it comes out with a knife through it to hold it together. The report from my father is that his was great too with the peppers and onions adding a great complexity of taste. This was all washed down with a birch beer made by the restaurant. This soda was actually my grandfather's favorite, but you can never find it anywhere, so I had to get it. It is like a very crisp root beer for those of you that have never had one, and this one may be my favorite. Lastly, I finished off the meal with "New Skete" Chocolate Cheesecake made by nuns in New Skete. The cheesecake was rich and creamy and the raspberry melba gave it a nice contrasting tart flavor to counteract the sweetness. See below for some pictures.

For all you Vermont weekend warriors, hit up Zoey's Double Hex one night on the way home, you will not be disappointed.

-Steve
"Born On Ice, Perfected In Powder"




No comments:

Post a Comment